Rugeley Runners Club Race Challenge 2017
You will be really excited to know that Rugeley Runners has introduced a Club Challenge Race Series for 2017.
This works as follows:
● All club members can take part
● The series comprises races of varying distances from 5km park runs up to marathons. This gives all members an opportunity to compete and win prizes!
● There are races most months
● Members who compete, will receive points for the position in their category for each race. For example, the first Rugeley Runner to finish each event will receive 50 points, the second,49 and so on....This scoring will apply in the various categories
● We will confirm categories but these are likely to be: Overall, men, women, plus age categories.
● Best 5 races count for each runner
● Runner with highest points for 2017 wins their category/categorie
● For the non-local events we will support entrants costs and/or provide transport (if there are enough entrants to justify it)
● Prizes will be awarded at the end of the year.
● Participants are responsible for informing the race secretary, Dave Taylor, of their results (which event, age, race time , race position)
The races are as follows:
● Sat 4th March Cannock Chase parkrun 5k
● Sun 12 March Fradley 10k
● Sun 16th April Chasewater 5k
● Sat27 May/Sun 28 May Liverpool 5k,Half Marathon and full Marathon
● Sun 25 June Stone 10k
● July (date tbc) JCB 5 mile
● Mon Bank Hol 28 Aug Rugeley 10k
● Sept (date tbc) Lake Vynwy Half Marathon
● Mid Oct (date tbc) Milford mash up 10k
● Nov event tbc
● 2 Dec Cannock Chase park run